There are a lot of nice ways to explore the Hungarian Capital. But the best one is… taking a Budapest cruise along the Danube. It offers you the best view in town of both Buda and Pest. And if that’s nog enough: you can just sit down and relax and enjoy the ride.
Table of Contents
There are a lot of options when it comes to a cruise on the Danube. What about a romantic dinner for two with candlelight, or a cruise accompanied by live music? But there are also the more simple ones for if you just want to enjoy an hour on the boat. Basically, there is something for everybody.
Nice daytime cruise
If you want to enjoy a nice and relaxing cruise of just over an hour? Than take the Duna Bella Plus tour. For only 12 pounds (kids till 9 years 9 are allowed for free! And for kids till 14 years it’s only 9 pounds) you will enjoy a 70 minutes beautiful boattour on the Danube.
Included in this tour is:
– an audioguide with interesting background information about Budapest.
– a glass of lemonade and a drink of your choice (beer, wine, champagne or soft drink)
– optional 1 hour and 30 minutes stop on Margaret Island
If you want a relaxed morning or afternoon in Budapest, then this option is a good choice for you. Be sure to be on time when the weather is nice so you can have a seat outside.
Full-Day Szentendre Cruise
Szentendre is a beautiful picturesque village close to Budapest. This charming and colourful place is a baroque village from the 18th century. It’s a nice day out from the city. For only 12 pounds you can make a full-day cruise to this special place. Included in this trip:
- Sail to the Danube Bend, at the meeting point of the Danube River and the Pilis hills
- 5 hours in Szentendre
Please be aware that on the boat you will not get any audioguide. The boat is more a means of transport to Szentendre
Evening sightseeing cruise
Budapest during night is at least as beautifil as it is during day. The way the Hungarian Parliament Building and the Chain Bridge are illuminated is quite magical. Going on a boat when the sun has set is hence a good idea. And that for only 10 pounds.
Included in this trip:
- a 45 minute boat trip
- audioguide with background information about Budapest
- you get a 24-hour unlimited-use ticket, which you can also use during day
Budapest beer or wine cruise
Maybe you didn’t know it yet, but Hungary has some excellent beers and wines. Now where is better place to taste them than during a cruise on the Danube?!
Included in this trip:
- Two hour boat trip
- Listen to live music
- 7 different limited wines, or 150ml from 5 Hungarian beer specialities and 1 pint of beer
Cruise the Danube and taste a carefully compiled selection of the best artisan beers or wines from all the famous wine regions of Hungary.
Budapest dinner cruise
This cruise is for those who would like to have a romantic night out. While enjoying the view of the Budapest swimming in lights, accompanied by a real candlelight atmosphere. During this romantic cruise you will have dinner and enjoy live music. Who doesn’t want that?
This trip is including:
- 2 hours boat trip
- The music is performed by 3 members, including the world-famous violinist Zsigmond Vidák
- 1 welcome drink, one glass of wine (or juice) and a bottle of mineral water
- How to get from Budapest airport to the city
- 14 best things to do in Budapest
- Is Budapest cheap? Check average daily budget
- Budapest weather: an overview per month
If you have a question please let me know in the comments below. I will come back to you as soon as possible. Be aware you will not get an e-mail so you have to come back to this page to check the answer.